Thank you all for coming to Wai-Con 2014! It’s amazing to believe that it’s now all over for not just another year, but to close the book on a decade of anime in Perth. Wai-Con has been an amazing success story over the past 10 years, and it’s all thanks to all of you. Without the Perth community’s support, we would never have grown to what we are today. Thank you so very much!
We’re still reeling at 5027 attendees. A record number for a record year!
From myself and the entire PAniC team, it’s been an absolute pleasure to host Wai-Con for you all this year. We hope we entertained you over the weekend, and possibly even incentivised you to help us out next year! Remember that without volunteer support, Wai-Con wouldn’t exist – so dig deep and help us out when you can!
And on a personal note, I want to thank you all. This was my last Wai-Con as President or a board member, and it’s been an astounding ride over the decade. I want to leave you on a note of encouragement – there is no greater feeling than seeing all the work you put in for over the 12 months come together, and have people not only attend but love it so much that they’re coming back year on year. It’s the best feeling in the world, and I couldn’t be prouder. Please volunteer (or even run for PAniC committee!), so you can keep this wonderful group alive for the next decade and beyond. It’s been a grand part of my life, and I look forward to seeing what some new faces can do.
Thank you all, and thank you Wai-Con.
So much to do, so much to see! Make sure you check out all the amazing things at Wai-Con THIS WEEKEND!!
Tickets still available through Moshtix OR at the door! Check out our ticketing section for more info!
* SCHEDULE is now up and running! Make sure you check out everything out and plan accordingly? Don’t forget that your handy Programme Book will have the entire schedule and descriptions! Make sure you pick it up for FREE at the front desk!
* SWORD ART ONLINE invades Wai-Con in a massive way! Thanks to Madman, we have the official Sword Art Online exhibit premiering at Wai-Con! Check it out at the Madman exhibit. Not to mention a screening of Sword Art Online at 10am Saturday, and the very awesome Bryce Papenbrook (Kirito) doing panels and signings at PAniC HQ all weekend!
* EVANGELION returns to Wai-Con! On Saturday night, check out the latest Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo at 4:30pm, as well as hang out with the amazing Tiffany Grant (Asuka) at her panels/signings all weekend!
* SCREENINGS GALORE from Siren Visual and Hanabee, with a special viewing of Tiger & Bunny The Beginning on Sunday at 3:30pm! Don’t forget to check out the screenings list so you don’t miss out. Want to know about the latest acquisitions from your favourite distributor? Check out the Madman Panel at the Riverside Theatre on Saturday at 3:30pm (Just before Evangelion), as well as the Hanabee panel on Sunday at 4pm in the Workshop Room!
* SAVE OR DESTROY? Just how is anime affecting our noggins? Join comedians Adam Peter Scott and Ayden Doherty, guests Tiffany and Bryce, and Wai-Con personnel Allan Clarke, Mike Browner and Mitchell Chapman for an amazing debate. Is Akira a guidebook for our destruction, or are we to learn that motorcycled vigilantes are teaching us how to care for psychokinetic babies? Find out when we decide “Will Anime SAVE or DESTROY the world”?
… and so very VERY much more! Have a great weekend, and thank you for supporting us for the past 10 years. Here’s to the next decade!