Well gamers, you’ve fought long and hard over 2014 in the Ani-Games Series leaderboard to make it to this point and here it is: the Ani-Games Showdown!
The best three players on the leaderboard for Pokemon, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. and the wildcard winners for the final fourth position are going to be facing off to see who is the Grand Champion for their game division!
And we’ve done one better for you people of Western Australia with this event being upgraded from what was originally planned to a micro-convention at HBF Arena, Joondalup!
We have Trader stalls, Cosplay Competitions for both days of the event, separate video game competitions from the main Ani-Games Showdown game events, Trading Card Game tournaments, Panels, Workshops, Art Competitions and more for your enjoyment while you get the chance to see some of the best players compete for the great bragging rights of being the 1st Ani-Games Champions.
Day 1 – Saturday 21st February, 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Day 2 – Sunday 22nd February, 10:00AM to 6:00PM
– 1 day = $35
– 2 days = $40
Associate Members (JAFWA, UWAnime, MAD and other approved groups)
– 1 day = $30
– 2 day = $35
– 1 day = $25
– 2 day = $30
** Children under 5 years of age = Free Entry **
MAIN EVENT ACTIVITIES:
– Day 1 : Pokemon Showdown
– Day 2 : Mario Kart Showdown
– Day 2 : Smash Bros Showdown
All showdown times, tournament rules and details will be announced shortly. All three highest ranked competitors and the wildcard winners will be contacted directly soon and they will also be announced online by our Video Games Coordinator, Adam McCaw.
– Day 1 and Day 2
– Cosplay Competition for Saturday and Sunday with times, cosplay rules and categories to be announced by Cosplay Coordinator, Eugene O’Sullivan.
– Day 1 and Day 2
– Art Competitions for Saturday and Sunday with the categories of Junior Under 14s and Artists 15+ around the two themes of Heroes and Video Games will have further information provided in the coming days.
– Panels and Workshop timetable TBA at this time; more information soon.
– Trading Card Game tournaments TBA at this time; more information soon.
– If you are interested in having a stall at the event, please contact us in a private message or by emailing our Traders Coordinator, Enna Rose, via firstname.lastname@example.org!
– Separate pricing available for both Artist Alley and Retail Businesses.
– If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact Vice-President Samara Morgan by emailing email@example.com or our Secretary Rhian Marshall-Dixon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Panel application form will be online soon and will also be available directly by request: simply email email@example.com and we’ll send it out to you.
Thank you again for your support and we look forward to seeing you there to witness the crowning of the Ani-Games Grand Champions for 2014-2015!